[AMRadio] Hiram Percy Maxim - Father of the ARRL

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun Aug 12 10:16:23 EDT 2007

Was he not also the inventor of the machine gun?
Rick

DID YOU KNOW?
Hiram Percy Maxim was returning to his home in Hartford,
Connecticut,Hartford, in February, 1936, from a trip to California to visit
the Lick Observatory.  He fell ill and was taken from the train to a
hospital in La Junta, Colorado, where he died the following day, February
17, 1936. Hiram P. Maxim was buried in the Rose Hill Cemetery in Hagerstown,

Maryland, some days later. Hiram Maxim is buried in the Hamilton family plot

in the cemetery as he had married the daughter of the former Maryland
Governor Alexander T. Hamilton.  He was 66 years of age.

For a view of the gravesite, etc go to:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6895297

Mike, K4QU, on a visit to the Collins Radio Center yesterday, provided me
with this interesting tidbit of information and I just had to satisfy my
curiosity.

David Knepper, W3ST/W3CRA
www.collinsra.com
Publisher of the Collins Journal
Join the CRA - the world's largest Collins group