[AMRadio] Fw: [CRTech] Bauer AM Transmitter

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:29:13 EDT 2007

Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:

>> Y'know, by all indications, I think I might go out on a limb here, and
>> venture a guess that the transmitter -just might- be in Montrose, PA, at
>> Radio Station WPEL...
>>

> Geoff, you....you....radical thinker! Next you'll be saying 'the world
> is round' or such. Sheesh!
>
> (all in good fun, Ron)

I'm glad I made someone smile :-)

Got an off-list note from Ron that says he's actually found people who
were getting rid of transmitters, but they were in different -states-
from where the 'supplier' was.

*Shrug* live and learn.

Woah.. Earth?  Round?

Hmmm...

Processing....

Would this have something to do with another group in PA that's getting
ready for 'Polar shift'?
(no, I ain't making this up... http://www.nepanewsletter.com/polar.html)

I Love telling that story... while there is scientific evidence to
support it, I just really 'get off' on saying
"Shift Happens".

;-)

I first heard of it though, from John Mohn/W5MEU.  John had lots of
stuff at his place, besides the 14 (at one time) R-390's, the 4 (or 5?)
BC-610's, a 100' long by 50' wide barn full of 'you-name-it', from 12AX7
sockets to 750TL's, and every transformer for everything inbetween.

He had a regulate B+ supply, for some -very- stiff voltage, using a pair
of 4-400's as the voltage regulators.

Miss that crusty ol' phart...