[AMRadio] Manual for Gates "Stereo-Statesman" Console

Charles Ring W3NU charlesr at infonline.net
Thu Aug 16 10:27:26 EDT 2007

John King wrote:
> I have acquired a Gates "Stereo Statesman" Broadcast
> Audio console that has four channels and two analog
> meters. I also acquired the power supply and "cue"
> amplifier.
>
> I need an equipment manual for said audio console. Can
> anyone assist? Your assistance appreciated and will
> pay for your services. 73, John, K5PGW

I no longer have the manual, but can tell you that console has five
mixers and that the cue and monitor amps are  internal plug-in modules.
I don't remember whether or not it has an external rackmount transformer
panel like its bigger contemporaries in the early 1970's "Solid
Statesman" line do. Thinking again I believe it does. Iirc you will find
five identical "output modules" which are left and right program amps,
cue amp, and left and right monitor amps. The power transistors in these
modules tend to fail too often, at least in continuous broadcast service.