[AMRadio] Ashtabula Bill, 814 tube, Huntsville Hamfest

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Aug 16 18:08:21 EDT 2007

I worked Bill just a few days ago on 7290.  He was doing fine then.

I have pretty much been hanging out exclusively on that frequency this
summer, since QRN has kept 75 and 160 unuseable  here.

The 814 has a 5-pin socket, the same as the 807.  It is a pentode, with a
separate pin connection for the suppressor grid.  For data on this tube, go
to http://datasheets.electron-tube.net/sheets/049/8/814.pdf

I plan to attend the Huntsville, AL hamfest this coming Saturday, 18 AU.
Hope to see some of you there.

Don, K4KYV