[AMRadio] 810's

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 10:23:26 EDT 2007

Rick, it's been a while for me, but the main issue I recall was
expansion/contraction, with the envelope heating or cooling at a rate
that the glue couldn't match, resulting in cracked tube or broken
seal. It's been a long time though, so I really don't recall the
particulars.

JB Weld is used on engines and other high temp applications as
mentioned, so it would probably be fine. I run 810s as modulators and
they do get hot, but I doubt it would be an issue.

Sometime somewhere, YEARS ago, I had the formula used by RCA for this
purpose. Maybe I'll find it during the move?

Good luck -

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ