[AMRadio] 810's

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Aug 25 12:29:54 EDT 2007

> www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/index.htm
> Plenty of hi-temp adhesives to 4000F

Thanks for the info.  I bookmarked that one.

I have used both JB Weld (the slow curing version) and plain "Two-ton
crystal clear" epoxy to glue plate and grid caps.

I once had a 810 that I used in the modulator.  I glued the plate cap with
regular crystal clear epoxy.  It never let go, but the clear epoxy gradually
turned amberish and finally completely black and opaque, but the plate cap
stayed solidly attached.  I think I rotated that tube out of service and
still have it amongst my spares.

Does anyone know what the original adhesive used on tubes is?  Everything
from small receiving tube bases and the plate caps on transmitting tubes
seems to be glued on with the same brownish cement that appears to contain
air bubbles.

But given the very common problem of loose bases and caps, maybe the
original stuff wouldn't be the best  choice for repair even if it were
available.

Don k4kyv