[AMRadio] Raytheon Xmtr for sale

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:37:25 EDT 2007

A.R.S. - WA5AM wrote:
> Looks like a real beauty.  Wish it was an R-1000 however.  I'd go for it.
>
> Here's a photo of an R-1000A.  K5BAI, "The Old Dawg" is on the right
> holding up the transmiiter.  The rig belongs to his son Mike, not in
> the photo.
>
> http://w5ami.net/ra1000_bai.jpg

Who's the other guy in the photo, Brian?

Good to hear you on the air this morning.  By the 2nd round, your signal
had started to fall off.  I -had- ran the variac up on the plate supply,
to produce around 200w of carrier output, but even if there was full
potential, the transformer for the final is only a BC-610 plate
transformer, at 2500v.  A Choke input power supply, with 2 LC stages, is
only gonna make around 2350 to 2400vDC.   The tank circuit in my rig has
a pair of 250TH's in push-pull, link coupled, in a balanced circuit.  If
I pulled one tube, then the remaining tube would handle all the current,
and it would still be as if I was running a pair.  So, not really a
'gain' in having a pair, in such a circuit.  Parallel would be a
different story.

--
73