[AMRadio] Raytheon Xmtr for sale

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 10:59:30 EDT 2007

On 8/26/07, A.R.S. -  WA5AM <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like a real beauty.  Wish it was an R-1000 however.  I'd go for it.
>
> Here's a photo of an R-1000A.  K5BAI, "The Old Dawg" is on the right
> holding up the transmiiter.  The rig belongs to his son Mike, not in
> the photo.
>
> http://w5ami.net/ra1000_bai.jpg

Yep, that's the big brother to the RA-250, and just like the RA-1000 I
retrieved from WGAI, Elizabeth City, NC in 2005. At 2400 lbs, it's a
BEAST. But you'll be hard pressed to find a better built, higher
quality transmitter. No Cadillac here, pure Rolls Royce.

It's now at its new home in Gray, Maine along with the matching GR
1931A mod monitor in Raytheon brown from WA3VJB. When Paul decided to
part with it, it seemed like the perfect place for it. All John needs
now is the matching console and limiter.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ