[AMRadio] Raytheon Xmtr for sale

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:19:00 EDT 2007

On 8/27/07, Bob Peters <rwpeters at swbell.net> wrote:
> Brother looks like my home state has a lot of big iron...Who has it in
> Gray?  Is there a lot of activity on 75 in Maine, NH, MA area Todd???
> Boy would I love to move back. My home office is in RI so I can work
> anywhere I want...

Bob, the current owner is N1MMD aka 'Mystery Meat Dinner'. I'm not
aware of other converted BC rigs on the air up there, but I'm sure
there's some. HLR has a lot of BC iron, not sure about complete units.
Larry NE1S runs a big homebrew rig, too.

Summer tends to be less active due to storms, but winter is a beehive
of activity up here. Regular activity from the notheast down the coast
to Virginia and into the midwest, with the occasional 4 Land station.
We hear Brian and the 5 Land gang too, Including Jim and Geoff, once
the band quiets down in autumn.

Mornings you can find a lot of guys around 3.880-3.885, evenings too
along with the guys north of the border and some of us yanks on 3.725
up or down.

With the band openings on 2 and 6 meters, more of the guys are getting
onto AM up there as well.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ