[AMRadio] Photos of Damaged Mod Iron

David Knepper collinsradio at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 13:31:19 EDT 2007

This discussion with UPS or whatever is worthy of the trash box.  It seems
that every so often, the same folks get on their hobby horse and start a
thread about shipping.   I often wonder how Yaesu, Kenwood, MFJ, etc. can
send their products to their happy owners without damage.  It's all in the
packing.

When Collins Radio Company shipped their 516F-2 power supply in their
cabinet, they used block of wood wedged inside the cabinet.  I advise anyone
shipping a 516F-2 to use the same technique or else ship separately.
Incidentally, these blocks of plywood were discussed in an early issue of
the Collins Journal.

Dave, W3ST