[AMRadio] Small(est) rigs with 6146 final

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 15:50:43 EDT 2007

Interesting comments thus far on this thread.  I'd like to nominate
another rig, the GLOBE HG-303, that uses a single 6146.  It's a compact
CW rig and well built.  The "matching" VFO is the GLOBE V-10.  Cabinets
exactly the same size for both.

Interestingly, the HG-303 is designed for easy addition of a Plate
Modulator via the octal accessory socket.  A good 50w modulator like
the EICO 730 works fb.  Globe's SM-xx (if I remember correctly) works
with it also.

I owned one of these cute little rigs and parted with it a couple of
years back to a friend on Florida's West Coast.

It was not around long in production and I think is considered to be
somewhat on the "endangered species" list.

Anyone see/have one?  And have you tried Plate modulation scheme with
it?

73 de W4MIL
Chuck
Palm Coast, FL