[AMRadio] UPS topper

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 17:15:00 EDT 2007

charles L. wrote:
> Well, horror stories abound with UPS and FedEx for
> sure.  My favorite is my buddies foreign rig he had
> sent off for repair.  When it was returned to him,
> left on his front porch, the box was somwhat flat with
> a set of dual wheel tire tracks across it.  UPS did
> eventually pay to replace the rig, but he had to prove
> he didn't drive over it.  Besides the fact he is
> handicapped, he also didn't own a vehicle with dual
> wheels.
>
> But my favorite is a delivery the UPS made to my house
> a couple months ago.  It was not a fragile package at
> all. Still, I thought the fact that he drove into my
> circle drive way, slowed slightly, then threw it out
> the door onto my porch and then accelerated was a bit

You've got to wonder, with stories about such as these, how good of a
packing job must someone do to prevent damage to whatever is being shipped.

I mean, really... it takes a special kind of skill to intentionally
'break the metal frame' of a 40lb transformer that was bolted to wood,
double boxed with styrofoam between the boxes.

'wasn't packed correctly' my lilly white... toe

--
73