[AMRadio] Photos of Damaged Mod Iron

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 09:10:42 EDT 2007

Gary, I apologize for drawing any bad press your way over this. My
intention was to show that even when things are packed well, as
evidenced by the blueboard foam in the photos cut to fit the iron,
double layers of white foam sheeting, and double boxing, it can still
get trashed by some idiot. Despite what the pictures clearly show or
you and I know firsthand, it doesn't surprise me that a self-appointed
expert would know better and dispute the obvious.

Everyone I've talked with who has done business with you has been
satisfied with the result. Of the one or two issues I've heard where
something wasn't just so, you made it right immediately and folks were
happy. I've never had any item damaged enough in shipping to say so,
and I've received plenty of packages - heavy and otherwise - packed
less competently than the mod iron. These include a 100 lb RCA
receiver shipped from Colorado, equally heavy Hallicrafters R-649A
shipped from Chicago, and 75kg of WWII aircraft radio gear shipped
from Australia loosely wrapped in bubble wrap and newspaper. None of
it came through damaged, muchless like this. You can destroy any
packaging material and any package if you beat on it hard enough.

I look forward to getting this matter sorted out with FedEx and
returning the transformer to its intended use. You do excellent work,
I'm glad you offer this service to the radio community.

~ Todd