[AMRadio] UPS topper

w1eof at hamnutz.com w1eof at hamnutz.com
Wed Aug 29 21:35:13 EDT 2007

 >> You've got to wonder, with stories about such as these, how good of
a packing job must someone do to >> prevent damage to whatever is being
shipped.

I've shipped hundreds of items and have never had something damaged
(knock on wood). There is in fact somewhat of an art to good packaging.
I will only say this: Pack your item so that it can dropped from a
height of six feet on to ca oncrete floor in ANY plane, including
corners.  Multiple times. Many times. If you meet that criteria then you
should be in good shape. Of course nothing is 100% foolproof.

If anyone has any specific questions or shipping problems I'd be happy
to let you know what I think off-list. Note that I have very little
experience with large items like broadcast transmitters so I will have
to defer to others on those types of items. I can help with anything the
same size or smaller than a 32" TV, no matter the weight or shape.

73,

Mark W1EOF