[AMRadio] Mic connector DX40 and mic suggestions

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 23:36:37 EDT 2007

Bob Cutter wrote:
> I am in need of a single contact mic connector for a
> Heathkit DX40.  Also suggestions for a usable mic for
> the transmitter.

I'm pretty sure any High-Z mic would work, Bob.  Probably the venerable
D-104 would be your best bet.

As for the single pin mic connector, I'm ass/u/me'ing you're talking
about the connector with the 'button' in the middle,
and a connection on the outside that screws to the connector.

If you can't find a connector, if you've got a used PL-259, you can chop
off about half of the center conductor, solder your audio lead to the
center pin, then screw it on, for a 'home-brew' mic connector.

There's one though..

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR