[AMRadio] Building

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sat Dec 1 14:27:31 EST 2007

Well, I was building a new HV power supply, until I had my gallbladder taken out last week!  Not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs for a month.

It's a resonant-choke supply.  I was just to the point (with a bunch of taking out and putting in of parts) of drilling the mounting holes and finishing it up.

Now (due to a wonderful fellow on this list, whom I'll name if I get permission), I'm going to start working on an RF deck using a pair of VT-127As.

These tubes are a cross between a 100TH and the 250TH in a small, strangely-shaped envelope.  Should be just right for 300 easy watts out.

Now I'm thinking about a modulator.

BTW, Hello Norm, up in Kalispell.  I'm just down the road in Missoula, Montana.

73, Barrie, W7ALW