[AMRadio] Building

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Dec 1 16:45:41 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie at centric.net>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 2:27 PM
Subject: [AMRadio] Building

Well, I was building a new HV power supply, until I had my gallbladder taken
out last week!  Not supposed to lift anything over 20 lbs for a month.

It's a resonant-choke supply.  I was just to the point (with a bunch of
taking out and putting in of parts) of drilling the mounting holes and
finishing it up.

Now (due to a wonderful fellow on this list, whom I'll name if I get
permission), I'm going to start working on an RF deck using a pair of
VT-127As.

These tubes are a cross between a 100TH and the 250TH in a small,
strangely-shaped envelope.  Should be just right for 300 easy watts out.

They are a 100TH repackaged for radar use in WW2 and use a 250TH filament
for sustained peak emission. It was also designated the 100TS by Eimac.

An OT ham down the street from me in the 50's ran a pair at 1KW input on 20
CW, it was fun watching those plates glow!

Now I'm thinking about a modulator.

Why not 2 more 127A's? With a window in the rack panel you can watch the
plate color with modulation.

Carl
KM1H

BTW, Hello Norm, up in Kalispell.  I'm just down the road in Missoula,
Montana.

73, Barrie, W7ALW