[AMRadio] Building

Brett Gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 21:26:28 EST 2007

I have a push pull paralell 100TH mod deck, and its the worst
sounding mod deck I ever built.
You need a lot of driving power, and into an unstable load.

Now I have run rigs with a pair of 100TH tubes as modulators, and it
sounded fine.
I have tried various voltages, mod transformers, resting currents,
and so on, but the push pull paralell never sounds real clean.
Its not foul, just not clean compaired to other mod decks on the same
transmitter.

Brett
N2DTS