[AMRadio] Building

Greg bluebirdtele at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 2 01:46:58 EST 2007

Small world:
I have the same  70 watt modulation transformer I think.  It's for an FAA AM
transmitter too.  Two 6146's in the modulator side to one 4x150.  Also has a
tertiary winding for the PA screen. The idea here is to modulate a single
4-65a.  It's the only glass tube I could find that matched the load
impedance and has a screen grid too. If you can think of another glass tube
that might match up, please let me know.
I had the schematic for the transmitter (TV 6?) too but lost it somehow. I
do have the pin out for the iron. If I remember correctly the transmitter
was made by GE but don't quote me.
73's
Greg
WA7LYO