[AMRadio] Building

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 03:58:34 EST 2007

Greg wrote:
> Small world:
> I have the same  70 watt modulation transformer I think.  It's for an
> FAA AM transmitter too.  Two 6146's in the modulator side to one
> 4x150.  Also has a tertiary winding for the PA screen. The idea here
> is to modulate a single 4-65a.  It's the only glass tube I could find
> that matched the load impedance and has a screen grid too. If you can
> think of another glass tube that might match up, please let me know.
> I had the schematic for the transmitter (TV 6?) too but lost it
> somehow. I do have the pin out for the iron. If I remember correctly
> the transmitter was made by GE but don't quote me.

811's modulating 813's, or 4-125's would utilize the screen winding.
But, it's better than any 70-watt transformer.

this think is open frame, every bit of 8" from end to end, around 6 or
8" tall, and about 5 or 6" thick.  Weighs around 40 or 50lbs.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR