[AMRadio] Part 15 Devices

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sun Dec 2 14:56:43 EST 2007


File a complaint with the FCC.

They are the folks that do the type acceptance.  Their enforcement 
branch "should" deal with it.

You can also cc Riley H.

Bob - N0DGN

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> I have a question.  Suppose you have a Part 15 device in your home 
> that you suspect does not meet the standards of that part although 
> certified as such, what choice do we have in the matter?
> I know for sure my TV set is in violation and contacted the 
> manufacturer about the problem.  When I finished explaining what was 
> happening, the technician promptly hung up the phone on me.
> So I want to go farther, how does one file a complaint about a Part 15 
> device?  And would it do any good given the ARRL success with BPL?
> Jim/W5JO

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 14 Dec 2017.