[AMRadio] Part 15 Devices

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Dec 2 15:35:48 EST 2007

Well guys I put snap beads around the power cord (about 6 of them as I
recall) and still hear it on several frequencies in the 75 meter band.
It radiates as much as 50 ft. away and I don't think they should have
that much.

On top of that, the frequencies move when the state changes from off to
on.  Like all of you my house if full of these devices.  My HP computer
doesn't do this, my Canon multi-purpose printer doesn't do this, none of
the kitchen appliances do it, the DVD player doesn't and neither does my
electronic thermostat.  All of which I can take a portable receiver and
go near and hear them on the same frequencies with the TV unplugged.

One leg of my 75 meter antenna is about 50 ft. away and the TV causes
spurs that can be heard that far away.  I know it isn't the satellite
box and not the answering machine adjacent to it.  Everything clears
when I unplug the TV.  It is the first TV I have ever had that radiates
this much.

Jim/W5JO