[AMRadio] Traffic Light interference

Ben Dover quixote2 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Dec 3 15:32:23 EST 2007

-----Original Message-----

Nope. I don't think so.

>From the FCC agent's reaction to the complaint, I seriously doubt that he would
even know enough to be able to DETECT the occasional 1500 watt plus voice peak...
let alone give a rodent's rectum about it.

The fact that there is a sizable group of guys who have adopted a battle cry of
"REAL tubes have HANDLES", and we haven't heard of any massive issuances of NALs
to them says even more.

I should sweat going slightly over 1500 watts PEP occasionally while the SSB
contester down the road is running a 4CX15000 in the final? Gimme a break...

As long as my Bird 43 with an aftermarket peak reading board is happy, I'm not
gonna lose any sleep over the issue.

Mr. T., W9LBB