[AMRadio] Crystal Mic Elements

Robert Lawson w4rl at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 8 18:53:17 EST 2007

John, as far I know Astatic has not manufactured them in several years.
There are though some fellas who have replaced the 104 crystal or
ceramic element with a wide variety of elements ranging for Radio Shack,
those supplies by Mouser Electronics, and Heil microphone HC-4/5
elements with appropriate impedance transformations/preamp's I think
with Heil.
I remember a contact on AM with a ham who was using a 3 dollar crystal
element from Mouser.

Hope this helps.

73 es Merry Christmas

Robert W4RL