[AMRadio] Crystal Mic Elements

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 21:27:28 EST 2007

Robert Lawson wrote:
> Geoff,
>
> Yep, "we" did go through that a few years ago at length,

When I said "we", I was referring to John/BXO and I (as in replying to
his message).  John, Otis, and someone else, forget now who it was...
Steve/K5LTK, perhaps, ordered some D-104 cartridges.  In fact, I think
they were the JT-30 replacement crystal cartridges, which have a very
similar sound to them, if not a bit 'richer'.

With the right amount of EQ, any microphone can be made to sound -at
least- acceptable on the air.

John, in particular, came up with an RC network, incorporating some
inverse feed-back on a 12AX7 mic preamp that flattens out the audio
response on most any crystal element mic (like a D-104 or JT-30, etc...)
http://www.qsl.net/wa5bxo/xtal-mic-eq.gif

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,