[AMRadio] Crystal Mic Elements

Robert Lawson w4rl at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 8 23:34:27 EST 2007

And as usual, we hams have always come up with a back channel / back
door of ways to make things work cheaper and as good at least and often
times better.  It's the spirit of our fraternity from our beginning,
isn't it.  I personally hated it when Astatic pulled the D-104 crystal
element plug for us, but we will survive with all the fellas trying to
see what goes with the 'other' elements now on the market with which
they experiment.    I have two JT-30's but am embarrassed to say that I
have never put them on the air.

Wish me luck with my Audio-Technica ATR30 30 dollar venture.  It
certainly is built very well and has great looks.  I will wire it up soon.

73 Robert W4RL