[AMRadio] Transformer Lead Dress

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 01:00:48 EST 2007

Hello,
 I just stripped out a basket case VK II transmitter for rebuilding.
 Most of the transformer leads are brittle and even carefully removing them thru the chassis hole, I can feel the rubber inner jacket breaking up.
 I would expect to replace the wires near as I can get to the windings.
 The plate transformer will need good HT wire.

I have quite a bit of different sizes of silver teflon.
for most of the windings but not quite sure what to do about the HT wires.

 This is a project transmitter, not a restoration.

  Suggestons? Sources of suitable wire in an affordable put up. I have other large transformers with the same problem as well.

 Thanks,
Bill, KB3DKS/1