[AMRadio] Transformer Lead Dress

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Dec 11 09:42:28 EST 2007

Since you are not dealing with any real HV any 600V rated wire will be fine
as the actual breakdown is around 2-3 times that. They werent that fussy
back then.

USA made VOM test leads are a good source of HV wire up to 5KV or so
depending on their original use. Ive used them in many 2-3KV supplies over
the years. Old ones can also get brittle so be carefull what you get.

Teflon is good for HV BUT it is very easily nicked and damaged.

Carl
KM1H