[AMRadio] Transformer Lead Dress

Brett Gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net
Tue Dec 11 20:33:45 EST 2007

I found some silicone high voltage wire in an old
pager transmitter someone gave me.
It ran a 4-400 at 3000 volts, FM at about 70 mhz.
The silicone wire was about as thick as regular 18 gauge
stranded hookup wire, was white, and good for 10kv!

On some old iron, I cut the old wires off inside the shell,
and used heat shrink over the splice, and it works great,
and is a perminent nice looking fix.

Brett
N2DTS