[AMRadio] bandplan thoughts

J.D. Mac Aulay, WQ8U jmac6235 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 23:12:14 EST 2007

It appears to me that everyone is missing the basic
issue:

If the digital community needs spectruM to experiment
(and lead ham radio into the future as the ARRL
suggests), why not just give that mode some spectrum?

Why do we need to change a largely successful existing
system of frequency allocation by mode to accommocate
another mode?

There appears to be, based on the various postings,
etc, problems with some digital modes operating in the
HF specturm.  So let them have all the spectrum they
need in the VHF and UHF and microwave.

If there is a real need for the digital experimenters
to operate on the HF, why not allocate a portion of
existing bands to them - just like is being done wih
CW and analog phone?  There is already a community of
digital operators around 7.075 - 7.100 Mc.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it!

73
Mac
WQ8U