[AMRadio] bandplan thoughts

Peter Markavage manualman at juno.com
Thu Dec 13 13:22:57 EST 2007

Amateur License Statistics:
Nov. 2006 to Nov. 2007
Extra: 108,271 to 111,716
General: 131,558 to 142,180

Advanced, Technician, and Novice are falling as would be expected due to
die-offs, upgrades, and don't cares.

And you said: "Which makes this an issue for Amateur Radio specifically,
not just AM. More, as well as restrictive regulations have the real
likelihood of impacting all amateurs in a negative way."

I'm not sure that's true, but maybe the future action should be for
amateurs to provide them with enough intelligent and solid information
for them to do it the correct way.

See you on the channel where chaos is the norm especially when the hot
topic is "what's for dinner".

Pete, wa2cwa