[AMRadio] bandplan thoughts

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Fri Dec 14 09:33:10 EST 2007

manualman at juno.com writes:

> Nineteen days till the perceived "amateur radio shakeup". I bet there
> will be fireworks to commemorate the occasion.

Don't be silly, Pete.  There will be no "shakeup" simply because a small
group wrote a bandplan in secret.  The trouble comes later, as that plan begins to
cause stress among amateurs over who is "following the bandplan" or not.
There have already been on-air threats of violence made against AMers in relation
to the new bandplan.

It will also be a point of stress for hi-fi SSB stations, users of vintage
gear of all kinds, and various digital mode users.

Later still, the IARU bandplan will be held up as an example for other
band-planners, such as the ARRL.  And later still, there will be a move to make it
part of the FCC rules.

As my grandfather used to say, "Mark my words..."

Steve  WD8DAS