[AMRadio] ER Magazine

Ellen Rugowski ellenjoanne2003 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 14 12:11:20 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Brashear" <rickbras at airmail.net>
To: "'Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service'"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 10:39 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] ER Magazine

This is on the edge of "off topic", but Ray over at ER Mag is having very
little support with the voting in his "Best Elmer" contest.  There were
several great admissions, but few (very few) votes as to which is the best.
Ray is a great guy and a faithful AM operator.  It would sure be great if we
could help him out and vote.  He put a lot of ink and effort into this
contest for the AM community.  I have no connection with him or the contest
other than he sent me an email after I voted thanking me and stating there
were very few votes and he hoped more would participate.  Just a thought...

73,
Rick/K5IAR

Hi Rick,

Does Ray just want AM elmers?  I can think of one who has been a great help
to me.  Or, does he want elmers in the traditional sense (as in when you're
a newb and an OT helps you out).  If it's the latter, I can't help with
that, since I'm one of those rare birds who didn't have much in the way of
an elmer (my neighbor, the ham, was a creep, so I didn't associate with him,
and the local radio club I took my Novice licensing classes through, had no
followup on the newbies at all), and as such am lucky to still be licensed
(most newbs get frustrated, and give up, if they don't have an OT to help
them).

73,
Ellen - AF9J
Extra Class since 1994