[AMRadio] bandplan thoughts

cemilton at aol.com cemilton at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 09:55:09 EST 2007

"They have their own people to do that when THEY feel it's appropriate"

Kinda sums it up..................

The ones of us who subscribe to the AM reflector have seen, in print,
the rather nasty note the Great Lakes director penned.  And, we've seen
the pages of QST and the ARRL Newsletter devoid of information
pertaining to IARU proceedings of late.

Guess "they" don't think any of this is appropriate enough to warrant
comment.

We've seen the ARRL jump the tracks any number of times where "they"
made decisions that were not necessarily in the best interest of ham
radio.

For the amateur community the ARRL is the only lobby in Washington we
have to represent our collective radio interests.  I expect them to
represent me and all amateur operators fairly and to be forthcoming in
their plans and decisions........BEFORE the fact, not after.

The IARU thing is a done deal.  We can only wait for the other shoe(s)
to drop beginning in January.

My crystal ball is no better or worse than the others on this
reflector, but I firmly believe the IARU bandplan for Region 2 is the
springboard for change that the ARRL will pursue with the FCC and
ultimately result in major changes in Part 97............some of which
will drastically affect many operators across the USA and maybe beyond.

It's just one man's opinion.  I feel strongly about it.  And to those
who have taken similar views to the top of the ARRL and IARU, more
power to you.

As before, YMMV...................

Best 73 to all

W4MIL