[AMRadio] Transformer Lead Dress Dave

Mike Sawyer w3slk at hughes.net
Sun Dec 16 12:27:34 EST 2007

They do make a shrink tubing with a type of sealant inside. We used to use
these when I worked at Babcock & Wilcox. They are somewhat stiff but I think
it maintain insulation at 2KV potential.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK

   That works for minor cracks and breaks in the insulation but these
leads are so brittle that replacement
is called for especially with the plate transformer at close to 2kv
RMS. Heat shrink is also not very flexable but I might use it for the
LV transformer and choke.

   I'm going to be turning this VK II chassis into an externally
modulated RF deck.