[AMRadio] Mic elements, crystal and other

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Mon Dec 17 21:02:16 EST 2007

Terry ...Geoff is correct on his statement ...I would take one exception
and that would be a Carbon Mike Ie like you stated the old Bell Telphone
handset mics. They sound terrible no matter what. You can take a $10 mic
and make it sound as good as a $100 mic with proper EQ. I have done that
on many occasions. Using a 3 band parametric EQ will do wonders for
anything. A graphic EQ is much more complicated for the newbe in audio
becase when you give band say C a boost that puts out band B and D . So
long story short the answer is YES...

Very Best 73's
Bob W1PE
The Voice of Mesquite
www.w1pe.com

"Money is only temporary, but radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dog"/K5BAI