Ken Zuercher hepcatrevival at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 04:15:15 EST 2007

Just to get my $.02 in, My first Amateur Radio Mentor
was Homer, W8DIH in about 1960. Many of you might
remember him on AM using an Eldico TX if I remember
right. I became licensed in 1964 as WN8VIW. I then got
interested in music and after about 1970, was fairly
inactive until 1978 whem my second mentor, Elmer KU8B
got me restarted. The moral of the story is I don't
remember the term "Elmer"
back then either but for me, "Elmer" could be "Homer"
so either name isn't a good choice. BTW I'm having
trouble typing this as I am laughing about being
beaten with a Wouff Hong, whatever or whomever that
is.
Ken KC8QO