[AMRadio] Antenna Info

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Fri Dec 28 11:04:23 EST 2007

Hello to all..

I have a buddy who is searching for an antenna that might be usable on both
marine frequencies and some amateur frequencies with the help of a tuner.
He has a pretty big sailing vessel and wants to utilize the backstay for the
antenna without having to go with the conventional method of placing
insulators in it.  Below is a site describing an antenna that seems to fit
the bill, however, we are in deep discussion as to whether it will work well
enough on any amateur frequencies.  So, I am asking the "brain trust" here
for your opinions.  If you have a minute, please, take a look and let us
know what you think.

Thanks,
Rick/K5IAR

http://www.gamelectronicsinc.com/mike.promoREV.120605.pdf