[AMRadio] Antenna Info

Michael Mertes fnerks1 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 11:58:21 EST 2007

Hello Rick,

This antenna should perform well and is basically an
impedance matching element, using the DC grounded
backstay and any electrically connected hardware as
the radiating elements. The ability to get a good
match in the ham bands is a bit of guesswork without
doing a complete engineering analysis of the sail
frame, and I am sure that is somewhat beyond the scope
of this project. My guess is that this "antenna" will
radiate very well, and match about as well as any
other radiating system, using a good quality tuner.

Mike Mertes /kz5m

http://www.gamelectronicsinc.com/mike.promoREV.120605.pdf