[AMRadio] Transformer

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2006 at pctechref.com
Thu Feb 1 16:12:14 EST 2007

Rick
	Is this a plate XFMR?
If it is a plate transformer, then 50,000,000 ohms is a lot of resistance
for 117 volts.  The leakage current would be a about than 2 micro amps
assuming the leakage was near to the top side of the 117 volt winding.
However, as some one else said, it is not a good sign.  I would bake it and
if you need to use it I would check leakage current with some HV DC applied
to the one wire of the winding being checked.
John, WA5BXO