[AMRadio] Transformer

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 1 19:11:09 EST 2007

Gary, is there a good way to test a modulation transformer (1KW size)?  Of
course it can be tested in a 1KW AM transmitter, but is there another way?
I have tested for leakage and have sent a sine wave through from primary to
secondary and looked at a scope.  All seems well, except it seemed to
generate quite a bit of distortion when hooked up and used in a home-brew
rig.  That test left a lot to be desired, however, especially with respect
to impedance matching, other problems in the rig, etc.

Bill