[AMRadio] Transformer

Alan Beck abeck at xplornet.com
Fri Feb 2 13:06:44 EST 2007

Hi, I seem to remember that there was something called a megger in school.

Was that something that tests using high voltage tests in an effort to
see if it will breakdown?

I remember what a Variac does, you can use it to bring an old radio to
life by starting at a low voltage and increasing to operating voltage,
it is supposed to rejuvenate the caps.

Alan