[AMRadio] Squeaky roller inductor

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 21:33:28 EST 2007

I've got a rig that has a squeaky roller inductor in the tank circuit
and would love to quiet it down, not to mention have it turn a bit
smoother.  Does anyone have any ideas on some sort of HV lubricant
that could be used in this part of the circuit without any sort of ill
effects?  Without looking, I'm pretty sure there is no DC on the
inductor, but surely a lot of RF voltage with an 3cx1500 final.

I've been reluctant to try anything...

73
Brian / w5ami

--
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names
the streets after them. - Bill Vaughan