[AMRadio] Squeaky roller inductor

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Sat Feb 3 07:59:04 EST 2007

Hi Brian,

The trades guys in the toolroom at General Motors (Oshawa) swore by the use
of CASTOR OIL on any & all electro-mechanical devices in the shop...I took
this to mean that the stuff would work well on the roller inductors used in
my transmatch & kilowatt linear, and I have NOT been disappointed.

The only catch is that you have to re-lube about every 3-5 years, or
so...but that's certainly no big deal.

BTW, use the ORDINARY castor oil --- none of that fancy flavoured stuff they
sell nowadays...and do NOT go overboard in its use (as with Brylcream, "...A
little dab'll do ya!").

~73~ Edy VE3CUI - VE3XZ