[AMRadio] Squeaky roller inductor

Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Sat Feb 3 12:31:29 EST 2007

Brian,

Organic-based lubes like castor oil break down & gum up over time and
become impossible to remove.  The conductive powders in greases and
anti-seizes (like copper, graphite, molybdenum disulfide) will
eventually find their way onto the ceramic drum, where they are liable
to form conductive tracks and also will be impossible to remove.

Use a high-quality heavy weight synthetic grease, SPARINGLY (e.g. the
size of the white tip of a match head) applied to the contact roller
shaft and also ONLY into the contact roller groove.  Work it back &
forth a few times across the coil and you should be happy.  Gun stores
should have what you are looking for.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ