[AMRadio] Squeaky roller inductor

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Feb 3 13:28:52 EST 2007

Just use WD-40.  It will clean, lubricate and clean the contact surfaces.  I
fixed the sparking roller contacts on the roller inductor in my Gates that
way, and it also made it turn more freely.

I find it also cleans noisy potentiometers.  I used to have to spray the
a.f. gain control on my 75A-4 about once a month, using the stuff sold at
the local electronics supply store just for that purpose, or it would become
scratchy and noisy.  I gave it a good dose of WD-40, and it has been quiet
for almost 10 years now, with no recurring scratchiness.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/