[AMRadio] Wanted: BC-375 turns counter.

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Sat Feb 3 13:53:18 EST 2007

I am  looking for a turns counter removed from a WW2 surplus BC-375 aircraft
transmitter.  This is the rig with the 3 VT4-C/211's and one type 10, and
plug-in tuning units that slide in like a drawer. The counter is not from a
plug-in tuning unit, but from the main front panel of the transmitter.  It
is located on the right-hand side of the panel, just under the meter.  It
counts turns for the roller inductor in the antenna loading network.

It is an analogue counter, with round black knob, about 2 1/2" in diameter,
with two spinner knobs mounted on the rim, 180 degrees apart from each
other.  One rotates, but the other is fixed to the main knob.

There is a metal disc just behind the black knob, calibrated 0-40.  Each
rotation of the main knob causes the disc to rotate one mark.  The whole
assembly attaches to the panel with a large threaded bushing and nut to the
rear, with a 1/4" shaft protruding to attach to shaft coupler to.

I have one, and am looking for another one to match, to use on my Gates
BC1-T, to make it easier to reset the tuning controls when I QSY on 160.

For a picture (poor quality but you will see what the counter looks like),
view http://www.kg7bz.net/Manuals/BC-375/TO%2008-10-139.pdf

It will take the pdf file a couple of minutes to load up with broadband (and
perhaps too long for dial-up).  When it finally finishes  loading, go to
page 30.  The easiest way is to click on it in the preview pane to the left.
The counter is located just to the right of the 211 tubes.  Zoom to 200% or
400% for the clearest picture of the counter.

73,

Don k4kyv