[AMRadio] Daven 1030-G Clarification

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Sat Feb 3 22:29:53 EST 2007

   I should add that, since the fixed-step-switch attenuator network has 13
resistors, all tied to a common point - that to actually get specific
attenuation "calibrated" in Decibels, the resistors must be valued for
that, and at a specific impedance especially - which in classic audio work
could be 150, 600, or even 10K ohms - for RF stuff it could be 50, 75, or
300 ohms...  the fact that the terminals are marked 1,2,3,4...  makes it
pretty obvious what the values are, and I have several step-attenuators
(by other manufacturers) that operate exactly like this.

  If someone has a Daven catalog with this in it, that will tell all. (I
Googled briefly - no luck).

   Otherwise, you haven't much of a prayer...

    ;}

Cheers

John
KB6SCO