[AMRadio] QSL/QTH info

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:11:04 EST 2007

Greetings, all.

No doubt you've seen the recent message from K3TKL/Al who runs QSL.net
and QTH.net.

We (the subscribers to *this* list), along with those of us who deal
with Qsl.net and Qth.net on a regular basis, owe a lot of thanks and
gratitude to Al.  He started off doing this for free, and I think it
snowballed into something larger than he had hoped for.  I can
understand and respect his position.

QSL and QTH.net are -very- popular sites and are presistantly loaded
constantly with internet traffic from around the globe.  In this day of
technology and digital communications, just keeping up is a full-time
job.  Providing a service, such as Al is doing, borders on insanity
(IMO), but you gotta admire the pioneer spirit in him!

Honestly, I don't know how Al does it.  Bless his heart, Brian/W5AMI
found out the hard way how limiting some ISP's can be, when running a
mailing list.

With our ~400 users, if one (1) person sends one (1) email and ten (10)
replies are generated from that one (1) email in one (1) hour, then
there will have been 4,000 emails generated in one hour.

Please consider that, when you reply to a message that's being archived
for future research and please trim the unnecessary text in your reply.

The above are My comments alone.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR