[AMRadio] 24 vdc coaxial relay

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Wed Feb 7 09:28:47 EST 2007

ars.w5omr at gmail.com writes:

> I think that at such a low frequency (160~80m) that if you're looking
> for a coaxial relay, you could probably use a larger contactor relay.

Good point, but I was thinking of a coaxial relay for better isolation
between the tx and rx ports and protection for the receiver, and shielding to
minimize RF in the shack spraying around.  But there are always options, and now
that I think further about it, (A) I could put the relay inside the transmitter
cabinet, and (B) if I can find a 24 vdc contactor with DPDT action I could
short the receiver side when the relay is in the tx position for increased
protection for the receiver.

Steve WD8DAS